A defective piece ??


 This morning , our siamese cat Eisha ran upto me and watched me intensely as I was doing my pranayama. And I managed to get  a closeup click of her face. Her RIGHT EYE  ..... that's  the reason for this writing ..... 

When my son brought her  home as a surprise gift from our cousin, I was angry. How can I fit a feline indoors? Though she was toilet trained, I  could not accept her presence. Slowly and steadily,  she got into our hearts. And all of us are subconsciously aware to be careful in  opening the front door, lest she falls prey to our dogs. One of
Isha's eyes look smaller and watery most of the time. May be its a defect. Our veterinary doctor told us that some recessive gene or chronic illness could be the reason.
But, when she  looks at me I find THAT eye more caring, more loving...
And, as an educator, she is reminding me of a truth. The many labels for children  LD, ADHD, Autistic  and so on is only a proof that they are more loving and more giving than the so-called normal children. I have personally experienced this from many such children at school.  Thank you Isha, for coming into our lives, for being a constant reminder.
To grow into unconditional love is a beautiful feeling. My pet is my teacher. 

Comments

  1. Love the way you connected to those children and it's true that those children are full of love , innocence and spirituality mam. The cat's look is so cute in this pic mam❤. Thank you mam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is true mam. you have connected your pet and the students with learning disabilities with senstivity. We learn many things from animals, birds and other living things. If we understand the feelings of our children we won't discriminate them. They are gifted .we should shower our unconditional love on them.__ Praba narayanasamy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A surgical holiday

ACL SURGERY AT 50 ... MY JOURNEY FROM FALL TO FITNESS ...

Faith energises .. faith heals