Salute to our ancestors


 Bhogi is a festival celebrated in different states of India. It symbolises getting rid of old and negative things from our life and renew ourselves both physically and mentally.  But sadly, we have also  discarded a lot of our cultural heritage and traditional knowledge. Today, as I  read about the kheeladi site near Madurai where 2600 year old  pottery shreds have been discovered to have nano technology footprint, I have no words  to express the admiration I hold for our ancestors. Graphene is considered the world's thinnest strongest and the most conductive material for both electricity and heat. As the modern man is gloating over his  latest hi-tech  invention, it is mind boggling to realise that our ancestors have used carbon nano tubes  in their humble  pottery. Pongal is a festival to celebrate this spirit of living with nature. There is so much to learn from our ancient  civilizations. And I am glad that covid has helped me take this journey. Slowly yet steadily I seek to unlearn and relearn , seeking the blessings of my ancestors.

HAPPY PONGAL ....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A surgical holiday

ACL SURGERY AT 50 ... MY JOURNEY FROM FALL TO FITNESS ...

Faith energises .. faith heals