Change starts with me ....


 A contemplative morning ...... 

The second wave of the pandemic is hitting us really hard. My heart goes out to all the families who have lost their lives  ...
These are times that rock a hard core optimist aswell.
We all know that usage of the term " fight" sets a corticosol - adrenalin rush in the biological system, which actually weakens the immune system. So I feel that it's better to somehow make " peace" with this single celled being that  is setting the world in fear. 

The seven step mantra that I hav been following for over a year, let me share :

1. Listen to inspirational speeches or watch motivational videos for atleast an hour everyday.
***YouTube comes handy for me.

2.Stay in gratitude.  Write atleast two lines in  a gratitude journal.
*** It has helped me immensely in the past two years.

3. Find a hobby . Identify your passion.
*** I always wanted to do farming. Toom this opportunity. I have started learning to play the recorder( a duct flute) aswell.

4. Cook healthy, eat mindfully.
***My breakfast is now millet porridge and green chutney everyday. Its soothing on the system.

5. Take steam inhalation everytime you come back home from work/crowded places and protect yourself before the virus inhabits your lungs.
*** I inhale with neem, tulsi leaves , turmeric powder, lemon rind. And its so refreshing. 

6. Exercise.  Breathe. Feel happy you are alive.
*** My daily yoga and occasional evening walks are keeping my body and spirits high.

7. Set a higher goal in life. Find a spiritual connect for yourself.
*** My dream for our schools keeps me going strong. Helps me wakeup with a purpose.

LET US HEAL OURSELVES AND HEAL THE WORLD. ..... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A surgical holiday

ACL SURGERY AT 50 ... MY JOURNEY FROM FALL TO FITNESS ...

Faith energises .. faith heals