Lessons from my grandfather

It's grand parents day today and I fondly remember the moments spent with my maternal grandfather Mr. Krishnaswamy ( fondly called kittu gounder by his friends).He was an extremely hardworking ( and successful at whatever he did) person who prioritized work over health. During his last days ( at the age of 76 I think ) in the hospital, he would often talk about three aspects of life that left an indelible mark in my mind . Here I quote-


1. It's important not to abuse our health. In the process of creating wealth, don't ignore your well being.

2. Farming is a fulfilling activity . ( he would quote poet bharathiar's words). Make sure u learn it, even if it is not financially very rewarding, it will give you peace of mind. 

3. Spend time with your children ( he regretted that he never had quality time with his sons due to long work hours). These were GOLDEN WORDS that keep ringing in my ears eveytime I think of him. 


My grandfather's younger brother, Dr. Nachiappan ( we fondly called him naach thatha) passed away three weeks back at the ripe old age of 89. After a regular day, he was sitting in his sofa at night, and his soul gently passedon to the higher world. There was no sign of pain or struggle ( as told by ammayi , his wife ) 

Just a month back, I had taken a photograph with him at my cousin's wedding ( in pic). 

As usual, he was bubbling with joy. He was always appreciative of whatever we did. 

He was a voracious reader. He drove his car till the last day. He managed to walk 10,000 steps everyday ( never missed that) . He loved ice cream ( freezer would be FULL. No exaggeration). No BP, no diabetes. Beautiful in life and in death .

#grandparents 

#lifelessons 

#grandfather


Comments

  1. Saw you in Event today sister. Stumbled up on this article while checking agasthya academy. These three advises are the very much need of the hour. Blessed to read this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A surgical holiday

ACL SURGERY AT 50 ... MY JOURNEY FROM FALL TO FITNESS ...